There are several sales available at Family Tree DNA that you might want to take advantage of, including the following:
Family Finder is an autosomal DNA test that compares your DNA to the DNA of other users in the ever-growing Family Tree DNA database. You can also use your Family Finder raw data at an incredible array of third-party tools, including GEDmatch and DNAGedcom, among others.
Big Y is the name given to the incredible Y-DNA test that sequences 11-12 million base pairs of the Y Chromosome in order to characterize known SNPs and to identify novel SNPs. The Big Y test is normally $695, but is on sale for $595 until June 17, 2015.
Update 06/14/2014: Here are three $100 coupon codes for Big Y available on a first-come first-serve basis:
FDS141509, FDS141510, and FDS141511. Please leave a note in the comments if you use a coupon so that others know whether or not it is available. Best of luck!
While this test has a high price point, it is already being used to find so-called “family specific” Y-DNA SNPs and will help genealogists further refine the Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree. Additionally, Family Tree DNA just launched cousin matching using Big Y results! This is a huge development, being able to find genetic cousins based on SNP testing, and shows just how rich in information the Big Y test is.
Any male Family Tree DNA customer may order the BIG Y product through their myFTDNA account. To do so:
- Login to your myFTDNA account.
- On the top, right of the homepage, look for the orange Order an Upgrade button.
- Click the button to access the Upgrade page.
- Look for the Standard Orders section, and click the Order a Standard Test button.
- On the Select A Product page, look for the product dropdown menu. Use it to select Big Y.
- Click the Next button at the bottom of the page to continue to the checkout wizard and complete your order.